Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 17

Thread: Trick's New Patent-Pending Drum Pedal

  1. #1
    Inactive Member peter c's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 15th, 2003
    Posts
    1,661
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    It's in the photo-gallery.

    http://www.trickdrums.com/

    Did anyone play this at the
    show? I was wondering.

    [img]cool.gif[/img]

  2. #2
    Inactive Member Suspiria's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 16th, 2004
    Posts
    1,358
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Any details on what exactly makes it "revolutionary"? I find its design is terrible.

  3. #3
    Inactive Member Randy walker's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 18th, 2001
    Posts
    2,662
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    i saw it but was not able to play it, reminds me of a ghost pedal

  4. #4
    Inactive Member peter c's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 15th, 2003
    Posts
    1,661
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    All I know is that it is totally
    silent, has an encased housing and
    I think it uses inverted spring
    tension. I am trying to find out
    more about it.

    [img]cool.gif[/img]

  5. #5
    Inactive Member moosetication's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 2nd, 2004
    Posts
    510
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    My word, those are some fugly drums! [img]graemlins/gulp.gif[/img]

  6. #6
    Inactive Member Vdrummer's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 9th, 2002
    Posts
    1,128
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Smile

    Peter, we have the drums at the Drum Pad, if you want to stop by and check them out.

    They were supposed to bring the pedal to our shop but I was teaching and didn't know it was there. The pedal is completely unique. No springs, no elastomers. I don't know if I'm supposed to talk about how it actually works but it's unlike any pedal you've seen or played. I haven't played it yet, but I was told it has the smoothest action of anything ever made.

    Trick also received the patent for their unique and seemingly unbreakable GS007 strainer.

    Brad

  7. #7
    Inactive Member peter c's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 15th, 2003
    Posts
    1,661
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Brad,

    I was going to ask you about it
    because I saw that you guys had
    it, at your shop.

    Please, if you can, play it and
    tell me about it. I will try and
    get around to coming in.

    Thanks.

    [img]cool.gif[/img]

  8. #8
    Inactive Member Randy walker's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 18th, 2001
    Posts
    2,662
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    personally, i'm not a big fan of the drums, but did get a few of the throw-offs to replace my Nickelworks that are worthless.

  9. #9
    Inactive Member peter c's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 15th, 2003
    Posts
    1,661
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    In addition, did anyone play any
    of their drums?

    [img]cool.gif[/img]

  10. #10
    Inactive Member Vdrummer's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 9th, 2002
    Posts
    1,128
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I have two of their original Kodiak snares that are both very nice. They have thick extruded shells rather than the current offerings which are now rolled and welded thinner aluminum shells. I've heard the drum sets many times, and if you turned your back you wouldn't know they weren't wooden.

    Brad

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •